What We Do
The mission of the ACVIM Foundation is to improve animal and human health by funding discovery and education.
The ACVIM Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization which was created in 2000 to support and advance the work of specialists in the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM): small and large animal internists, cardiologists, neurologists, and oncologists. Established in 1973, the ACVIM is the international certifying organization for veterinary specialists and works to advance research and education.
Our main objectives are to:
- Fund studies to improve the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of animal diseases
- Communicate results of these studies to the veterinary community and general public
- Increase public awareness of advances made through this work and of the treatment options available through veterinary specialty medicine
- Provide opportunities to improve training of veterinary residents and students
- Help create partnership opportunities throughout the community of medicine
- Create and deliver programs to the animal loving community which leads us toward our ultimate goal – healthier and longer lives for animals.
The ACVIM Foundation exists to bridge the gap between available funding and the vital work that needs to be done. Because clinical studies in veterinary medicine are severely under funded and virtually no government support is funded, ACVIM specialists have long depended on the generosity of private donors and industry sponsors to support their research. We’re always looking for the next new breakthrough in veterinary internal medicine. Your gift can support our work for generations to come. Click here to show your support today.